Embracing Chatbots for Customer Service
SMB businesses thrive when they can prove that their customers experience better customer service than their large competitors, and AI can help to power this advantage. One of the key parts of this is Generative Pretrained Transformer (GPT) models, such as Chat GPT, or Bing Chat. Below, we look at how GPTs work, and how they can be applies to customer service.
Learn if you're ready to embrace AI into your SMB organisation by taking our AI readiness assessment here.
How GPTs Work
Chat GPT by Open AI, and Bing Chat by Microsoft (also powered by Open AI), is trained on a diverse range of internet text in order to generate human-like text based on the inputs users enter into its prompt engine. When uses as a chatbot, GPT technology can understand the context of a conversation and provide relevant responses. This makes it an excellent tool for customer service, as it can handle customer enquiries in real-time, providing instant responses based on your company's data.
Applications of Chat GPT in Customer Service
GPT technology can be used in various ways to enhance customer service. Here are a few examples:
- Handling Customer Enquiries: Chat GPT can understand and respond to customer queries in real-time. This not only improves response time but also ensures that customers get accurate information.
- 24/7 Customer Support: With Microsoft Copilot, businesses can provide round-the-clock customer support. Customers can get their queries answered anytime, improving customer satisfaction.
- Personalised Customer Experience: Chat GPT can provide personalised responses based on the customer’s previous interactions, providing a more personalised customer experience.
Case Studies of Businesses Using GPTs Effectively
- Zendesk: Zendesk, a customer service software company, uses Chat GPT to power their automated customer support. This allows them to handle a large volume of customer enquiries efficiently, improving customer satisfaction.
- Replika: Replika, an AI companion app, uses Chat GPT to generate human-like conversations. This provides users with a unique, personalised experience.
- Kuki Chatbot: Kuki, a chatbot for business websites, uses Chat GPT to handle customer enquiries. This has helped businesses improve their customer service and increase sales.
Mason Infotech can support businesses utilising any of these apps, or help them to build bespoke tools for each implementation.